Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers wireless

Front panel bottom button lights staying on

Hello all,
I'm having an issue with my new Torch 9810 where the 4 front control keys remain illuminated after the touch screen dims out (phone answer key, blackberry key, return key, end call key). The only way to fix it temporarily is doing a battery pull but after about an hour it happens again. Really drains the battery down fast. I've gone as far as deleting all the installed apps, checked for updates etc but still ongoing. Phone is only 2 months old. Please help. Thx

Torch 9810
O.S 7.0 bundle 1328 (v7.0.0.254)
Rogers wireless
New Contributor

Re: Front panel bottom button lights staying on

Ok this is driving me nuts, am I the only one with this problem??? I exchanged phones through Rogers to solve this problem and now its doing the same thing on the replacement phone!!! I thought maybe it was a bad memory card, replaced but still the same. Only thing left is the SIM card. I'm really dissapointed in blackberrys technical support and the quality of there phones now. I've been a blackberry user for 4 yrs now but I'm at my wits end. Gonna sell this piece of junk and switch to iphone. Thanks for nothing blackberry!

Torch 9810
O.S 7.0 Bundle 1328 (v7.0.0.254)
Rogers Wireless.
Visitor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: rim

I have the same problem n dont seem to be getting any help!somebody pls help before my battery dies out
My Device: Torch9800
My Carrier: Rogers

This is just happening to mine too. I was wondering if it was an update problem from the latest update? Did Urs ever get fixed or did u just move to iPhone.
New Contributor

Hi, sorry to here you're having the same issue. Everybody I know who has a Torch model has this issue. This seems to be a design issue with this phone. My sister inlaw just purchased a new Torch 9810 a month ago and she's got the same problem right out of the box. There is no repair unfortunately. I still have the phone but it will be my last blackberry once my contract is up for hardware upgrade. Rogers custumer care is even recommending all blackberry owners not to purchase anymore future blackberry models, they have a sea of returned defective blackberrys full of issues. These phones have become worthless. I'm jumping out of this sinking ship unfortunately. Samsung galaxy 3 is the best phone on the market. Sorry people. Cheers
Markman242