Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Trusted Contributor
donb2
My Device: Torch 9800

Frustration Using Reduced Keyboard

[ Edited ]

i just started to use the reduced virtual keyboard and can now type a thousand times faster than with the full keyboard but when i need to access the alternate character on a particular key, i have no idea how to select it.  so does anyone know the magical secret to selecting the alternate character?  example: "e" and "r" are combined on the same key.  i can select "e", the leftmost character, but how do i select "r", the rightmost character instead??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Frustration Using Reduced Keyboard

I don't use the reduced keyboard because I actually find the full keyboard much quicker, but I was under the impression that to access the character on the right side of a key, you quickly tapped the key twice.  Two taps in rapid succession should bring up the correct character.

Give it a try and let me know if that's correct.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
donb2
My Device: Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I tried that before and no go. I tried it again just to humor you and still no go.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

If it didn't work then remove your battery while your phone is powered on and replace it.  Now humor me one more time and try 'er again.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
donb
My Device: Z10

touch and hold the key for two seconds, the Show Key Indicator then appears.
Please use plain text.