Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Tramit
My Device: Blackberry Torch

General Failure when sending emails

Someone please please help me I have two email addresses set up on my phone, they are enterprise ones, I have always had access to send, forward emails for these accounts, now all of a sudden, I cannot forward or send new emails but can respond and am receiving emails. I called vodacom, they tell me that my account is an BIS and now I must change it to a BES account and reset up my account, but can only be done for the 1st of the month, and they cannot tell me why this has happened. Can anyone out there help me.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: General Failure when sending emails

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I do hope that you have already gotten your question answered given that it's been a few weeks since you posted this. But, just in case, here are my thoughts...

Tramit wrote:

Someone please please help me I have two email addresses set up on my phone, they are enterprise ones

Sorry, but from those words, that's just not possible. Only one BES account can be integrated to one BB...one BB cannot have two BES accounts attached to it. On the other hand, if the secondary acount is being accessed via POP, IMAP, or OWA, then that one would be configured via BIS, and that configuration (1 BES, multiple BIS) is indeed possible.

Tramit wrote:

I called vodacom, they tell me that my account is an BIS and now I must change it to a BES account and reset up my account, but can only be done for the 1st of the month, and they cannot tell me why this has happened. Can anyone out there help me.

From that, if you indeed previously had BES-level service from Vodacom, then for some reason they dropped it down to BIS-level, and that caused the BES account to cease functioning. Why they did that is anyone's guess...only they could possible answer that "why" question.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
rachidits
My Device: 9900

Re: General Failure when sending emails

One of the cause of that error is that you have a space at the end of the email. there shouldn't any empty spaces at the end of the email address.

Hope it helps

:Rockon: