Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
MikeyChris
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

General Sync questions - Torch 9800

I am syncing my Torch 9800 to my desktop Outlook 2010 Calender and Contacts. I have the Desktop manager set for one way comms TO the device from the desktop (at least for now). Every time I sync organizer, all 1060 contacts and 70 some calender dates are erased from the deivce and replaced by the desktop (I have the config set so that the desktop replaces what is on the device). Is there a way that I can have just the new or changed items be sent to the device? 

I was also having the famous AT&T Address Book sync problem and did a clean wipe of the phone, uninstalled the desktop manager and purged the registry of anything saying blackberry or researchinmotion. After all that, if I go to the Torch  ALL | Contacts | Menu | Options AT&T Address Book is still listed ABOVE the CONTACT LISTS header, with DEFAULT listed below that header. If I sync, I get the desired Outlood data on the Torch, but if I turn the Torch OFF and then ON, it starts looking for the AT&T database. I have talked to AT&T and they have disabled the database access on my account, but I can't get the Torch to forget about it. I am running version 6 bundle 2647 because I had troubles with version 7 and read that I was not alone in that regard. Any ides?

Much Thanx!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: General Sync questions - Torch 9800

Hi MikeyChris,

Having the BlackBerry Desktop Software set to replace the data on the BlackBerry smartphone, does just that, it takes everything off of the BlackBerry then replaces it with what's in Outlook. If you disable this feature, it will just update the data on your device.

To clarify the AT&T address book 'issue' you are referring to, are you saying that these contacts automatically appear on your device and you wish to remove this?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MikeyChris
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanx for the reply.

The AT&T address book issue I have is that it won't go away! It also seems to cause the phone to crash after I have synced it one time. I spent about 45 minutes with an AT&T tech on chat last week, and thought it was all fixed. The other day I checked and my DEFAULT contact list (from OUTLooK 2010 on my desktop) had zero contacts, and the AT&T contact list had all the contacts. I have no idea how that happened.

I hesitate to try syncing again, because I will probably have to reinstall the O/S and start over.

Another irratating issue is that I can't change settings in the BB DESKTOP MANAGER CONTACTS unless the phone is connected to the computer.  And, even though I have NOT selected "Start Desktop Manager when connecting to PC" )or whatever the choice is), the phone DOES instantly start syncing to the computer. Usually during that sync is when it blows up and I get and App error 104 (I think that's what it was - 104) and the phone is basically frozen. I have to reinstall everything.

Any ideas?

Thanx.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Ok, so you are seeing the AT&T contact list when you go into your contacts, then press the menu key and choose Options? 

If this is the case, you can try changing the Default Contact list from Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Default Services.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.