Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
MB24
My Device: Blackberr 9800,8310,8520,9500
Accepted Solution

Getting App Error:603 reset on Blackberry Torch device

I am getting App Error: 603 reset on blackberry torch. And not able to get other screen. I tried to reload OS but in desktop manager, showing 'Connecting' but not able to connect device properly. So update and all other options in desktop manager are disabled. How can i reload OS for torch 9800 without desktop manager.

Please Help.

Thanks in Advance.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Getting App Error:603 reset on Blackberry Torch device

Please use the following steps to reload your software:

Download an app to your PC called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). You will use this to wipe the OS from your device. You can get it here: www.bbsak.org

Download the most current OS for your device, which you can get here. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=9461CCE28EBE3E76FB4B931C35A169B0

Connect your device to your PC and launch BBSAK. It will ask you for a password. If you don't have one set for your device, just click OK.

Choose the option to Wipe Device. When completed, you will be left with a white screen and an app error 507, which means the wipe was successful.

Disconnect your device.

On your PC, navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader. Delete the file at the bottom called vendor.xml.

Connect your device.

In that same folder as above, there's an executable file called Loader (has a little phone next to it). Double click on that and it will start loading your OS.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MB24
My Device: Blackberr 9800,8310,8520,9500

It Works for me... Thank you so much for your reply. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Glad you're all sorted out.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mdhoney57
My Device: Torch 9810

Thank you for posting this. The BB Swiss Army Knife is a great little tool.
Please use plain text.