Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
gadgetfan
My Device: Torch 9800 (personal), Bold 9000 (work), plus provide support for various others!

Re: Google Maps - "login failed" problem

The problem is being discussed here on google's product forums:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/maps/latitude/PDx5fW-SiFI[1-25-false]

The issue seems to be with all blackberry devices, or at least BB7.1 and below (not sure about Z10)

Google are aware of the fault, but haven't said much about it or when it will be fixed.

Apparently the bug is not present in version 4.3 of google maps - there's a few links around for that version, but might be complicated to install for most people.

However, if you want access to your starred places (and not just latitude), that feature isn't available in v4.3

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nugpu
My Device: Not Specified

It seems that neither Blackberry or Google are really worried.
Anyway, thank you for the information.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Soccca
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

Hello,
It started to work again!!! Hope not just a temporary try :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richardshayes
My Device: 9860

works for me now too, i have a 9860 logged in fine

Please use plain text.
fourfone
My Device: 9780

Found this on Google's Help for Maps . . .llooks like this is not just a Blackberry thing . . .

Can’t rate, review, or save places

If you're using Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian or Android Google Maps version 5.3 and below, you won't be able to save (star), rate, or review places in Google Maps. 

• Save places: You can’t save your favorite places and access them later.
  • Rate and review: You’re unable to rate places or write a review for them.

Google Maps uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt information such as search activities and login information. Since SSL is not supported on Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Google Maps Android version 5.3 and below, features that require you to be signed in are not available.

So the excuse is that Blackberry and the others don't support SSL, so you can't log in and transmit 'personal information' if it is not encrypted.

Of course, this USED to work, and you logged in when using Latitude (before they dumped it).  BTW, when I logged into my Symbian Nokia, which I hadn't done in a while, the 'starred' places showed up for a moment before it logged me out. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.