Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Airtel
Accepted Solution

Google Maps - "login failed" problem

For the past couple of weeks, I've started having a "login failed" problem with Google Maps on my BB Torch 9800.  I've tried pulling the battery, reinstalling Google Maps, working on wi-fi -etc. but logging into Google Maps is still not working. 

The Google Maps application is working fine, otherwise.  The only issue is that I'm not able to get my "starred places" when I can't log into the application with my gmail id and password.

Any help would be appreciated!

Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Re: Google Maps - "login failed" problem

Is your Google account password the same or you changed it in the past weeks? As well if you check under your application permissions are your Interactions and User data are set to allow. restart your device and try again
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

Thank you ben1107 - the problem is fixed!

Here is what I did:

I checked under application permissions.  

Interactions and User Data were both set to "Custom".

The device didnt let me reset "Interactions" to "allow" - it kept going back to "Custom".

However I was able to set "user data" to "allow".

I restarted the device.  When I restarted Google Maps it asked me to confirm the permissions again, which I did.

Logging into my account worked on the second try.  

My starred places show up OK now.

Thanks again!

Developer

Its a pleasure Bijoy
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

I wonder if I am having a similar problem.

I have downloaded the London Cycle Hire app from App World - it is an app produced by Aztux, and it is an excellent tool for using Boris Bikes if you don't have an iPhone.

Last weekend, this app stopped working on my BB Torch. The map no longer downloads, and any data required to view available bikes or spaces.

I have deleted the app and re-installed it. I have changed the application permissions as set out earlier in this thread as well.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

DC1969

Developer

Can you try to clear you AppWorld cache using this document if that fails, backup everything and do a device security wipe then restore all of your data

Try my apps:
New Contributor

Thanks.

I cleared the App World cache. It hasn't made any difference. I am reluctant to wipe my BB as I might lose everything - how do I back everything up?

When I try to use the app, I get a message saying ""Couldn't load - check internet connection".

I am no expert (far from it, in fact) but I just get the sense that something is stopping the data downloading - a security setting or something. This has also coincided with occasional security messages saying a site or application is not recognised as secure, and asking me if I want to stop, continue or provide details.

My office has installed new internet secure systems on my PC network around the same time - would this have affected my BB connectivity?

Developer

Use the BlackBerry Desktop Software http://www.blackberry.com/desktop to do your backup

Try my apps:
New Contributor

It hasn't worked. I downloaded the app again, but still the same message about internet connection.

Do you think there is a problem with the app/software itself? I haven't noticed any blog traffic from frustrated BB users like me?

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: worker

We already use google map at my Black berry 9300 before. Someday, suddenly sign out, I don't know why, then we try to sign in/ join latitude. On my google map: "You have signed in to your google account". But, several time / one second later on my google maps "you have signed out to your google account". Any solution for this case?