Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
helenegriffiths
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Google Sync - Not syncing

I  use google calendar and try to sync the calendar to my Blackberry Torch however It always fails.  It tells me to try again later - which I have done in various locations and times which has not worked.

It also tells me to sign out and in again - which I have done and again it is not working.

Any ideas for help.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Google Sync - Not syncing

Are you using the standalone Google Sync app or are you sync'ing via BIS?

If you are using the Google Sync App then Google has stopped this service and the app will no longer work. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
helenegriffiths
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

What is BIS? Please

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) is the consumer version of a blackberry data plan. When you setup your email via the email setup menu on the phone this was done via BIS. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bencalder
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: 447748947131

awesome, is there a solution to this? Seems unless you have BES there isn't in the UK, any advice would be good

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

Bencalder, not entirely sure of the question? BIS and BES plans are both available in the UK and you can sync your calendars and contacts via BIS for Gmail?

BES is only applicable when connected to a BES server.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bencalder

ok thanks maybe some more info is useful;

have a plan via 3 guessing its a BIS

I don't seem to be able to set up the main google address I use as it links to my buisness domain but is not an address that ends in Gmail.com, it relates to my company name, 

was using google sync quite well until a few days back but now nothing (since 14th so I understand) and cannot seem to find another solution to get my bb celender to sync wth my google which I use every day for work

help and suggestions much appreciated

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981

In what way are you unable to setup your business gmail? I have been using mine on my blackberry for years. 

In email setup I select gmail and then enter my user name ( user@business.com) and my password. I can then opt to enable contacts and calendar sync  on the next screen 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please read

https://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2495269

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bencalder

In the options when I have set up the email address, there isn't one for contacts or calender, only deleted items, with a little help sign that just says some feature may not be available
have tried a few times and get same result, so can't use my business calender with my blackberry one, very frustrating
Please use plain text.