Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Great Paperweight

I have had my Torch for about 3 weeks now and have regretted this decision. My battery life is horrible, needing a charge at least twice a day. It will go from full charge to dark screen in around 5 hours. I have adjusted backlight intensity and length, removed all but the basic apps, have only 17 pictures in phone. I made one 3 minute call yesterday. That has been my average day now for the week. Good thing I have a backup cell phone, cause this thing is virtually useless. Anyone got any ideas??? It does look good sitting on the desk tho!

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Great Paperweight

When you say you removed "all but the basic apps" what does that mean?  What 3rd party apps are on the device?  What kind of recpetion do you have?  Are you leaving apps running in the background?  If you're pressing the red phone button when you're done with an app then that leaves it running.  Make sure you properly close all apps when you're not using them.  Generally using the back key closes most apps.  However, a few need to be closed by Menu >Close/Exit in order to shut them down (Google Maps for example.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Discovered that Google maps was one of the culprits along with some tweaking on settings which seem to have made a difference today. Left basic apps alone and only removed some of the cutsey ones. Well watch for another day or two and see if these tweaks have cured or made it better. Read through the forum post from end to end and made a trial list if I need to go further. Would like for it to be functional. What are the benefits to unlocking them?? Have noticed that mentioned and never considered it. Thanks for your reply and help.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

My battery easily lasts all day with heavy use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9500

Mine too. I kept almost all apps the handset shipped with. And I also leave GPS on too. Once my wife switched off the socket with my home charger in it and I didn't notice. But I still got a full day's use out of it. To be fair, I have noticed Torch owners report differential experiences with respect to battery life. I have no idea why that would be though.
New Contributor

Have seen many of the same comments across the forums. Thanks to all.