If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
duncmoore
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

HELP !!! ALL PICTURES LOST

i have had an message come up on my phone today and all my pictures are missing.

the message reads

"a media card has been inserted that contains errors. do you wish to repair the media card ?"

so i clicked YES

then it says

if lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save tyhem ?

so i clicked yes again

it then said it was repairing the card, and a message came up saying media card repair failed .

i would really appreciate some help with this as i have pictures of my new born son on here that i need to find.

please help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: HELP !!! ALL PICTURES LOST

My first step if I were you and had such important pix, would be to get a USB microSD adapter, and get those pix off the card onto your PC. The adapters are inexpensive and this may save your marriage!

Then, once your a** is covered, go to Options > Device > Storage. Uncheck "Enable compression". Make sure "Media card support" is checked. Save. Then go to the menu and select "Safely remove media card". Pull the card out. Do a battery pull (with device on, remove the battery, wait 1 minute, replace it and wait for it to reboot. Then reinsert the card. It should now be recognized.

Note that this is an overconservative process. Others have dealt with the same issue with fewer steps. I've decided on this process after dealing with the same issue for 5 users.

*** Whatever you do, don't continue to "repair" the card in your BB unless you want to risk degrading or losing your newborn's pix. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's how a user I know lost a number of important pix.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it works out. By the way - congrats on the newborn! ~ecm
New Contributor
grigglestone
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: vodafone

Hello elessar... when you say go to the menu and select "Safely remove media card" Where exactly is this?
Thanks...
Please use plain text.
Bentonst
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

I did what was listed to do, to get my pics back...I still have 0 pics in my phone idk what else I should do bc it says the pictures will be added but then that pop up comes back saying there is an error..HELP PLEASE!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cayla030
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: att

Hey i was just wondering if you figured a way to get your pictures back? My blackberry torch just did this same thing and i am trying everything to get my pictures back. Please Help... Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qwer123
My Device: no
My Carrier: apple

your data probably get lost.  try to retrieve your lost data with some data recovery tool. I used easeus. it can recover all the data you lose.

Please use plain text.