Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
chebee666
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: O2 UK
Accepted Solution

HELP!!! Blackberry Torch 9810 error messages. How do i fix

Hi. Would really appreciate some help. I have brought a new Blackberry 9810 however in the first instance I was unable to make a Blackberry ID. I sorted this problem by buying a new sim card, however after this I was unable to download the Blackberry App store. Since this I took the phone to a local repair shop, whom rebooted the OS software, however still could not download the App store.

Since this being done i am now having two more different errors appear. One is when i go to 'Set up' on the main menu an error appears: "Error starting net_rim_bb_toolkit: Module 'net_rim_bbid_common' not found" I cannot do anything with regards to my BBID. HELP?!?!

The second is when i click on 'Blackberry Protect' again on the main menu this message appears: "Error starting net_rim_bb_dryad_gui: Module 'net_rim_bbid_api' not found. HELP again?!?!

I was really looking forward to trying out a Blackberry phone, moving from an Iphone, however at the moment im just upset and want my Iphone, without any faults back. I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME PLZZZZZZ!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: HELP!!! Blackberry Torch 9810 error messages. How do i fix

First you need to reinstall the OS.  I don't know what the people at the phone repair store did but you shouldn't get those errors.

1. I recommend the 7.1 OS from here:  Choose the 9810 model and the 7.1.0.658 version and download it.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=9FC664916BCE863561527F06A96F...

2. If you have data on the device you want to keep then do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

5. Please do a clean OS reload and use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.

6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

This will reinstall the latest OS to your device.  Once that is done you'll need to make sure you have a BlackBerry BIS data plan on your account.  Contact O2 to make sure this is provisioned. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chebee666

Thanks for reply. Will give this a go and let ya know accordingly.

x

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chebee666

Hi again, got to step 5. not sure what this means. sorry not majorly bright. Please explain. also the phone isnt meant to be connected at this point is it? Just checking. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Download BBSAK and then connect it via USB and use BBSAK to "wipe" the device. When it's done the device should be stuck on a screen that says "507."

Then you can continue with step 6.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chebee666

It has worked!!!! Thanks so much. Your a legend!!!!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Thanks! I'm glad you are back up and running!
Please use plain text.