Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Playbook - Finding Priv
My Carrier: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

HELP !!!! Error 507 - Reload Software

I was updating my BlackBerry Torch 9800 and while updating the Laptop shut down unexpectedly and The Phone started giving the following error : App Error 200 - 20140222_145401.jpg

I connected My BB Torch to Desktop Manager and updated it twice both times the the error came after updating : Error 507 - Reload Software - 20140222_155455.jpg

I have tried Restart - Battery Pullout - Pulling out the phone and connecting to wall charger - Updating with BB Desktop Manager - Repairing through BlackBerry Desktop Manager etc ............ Please Any 1 can HELP Me

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For more visit my Blog
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: HELP !!!! Error 507 - Reload Software

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

3. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:

On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)

4. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

I don't know the carrier it was Unlocked i guess

For more visit my Blog
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Carrier doesn't matter.

Download this one. It's the latest version. After you install to the PC be sure and delete the vendor.xml files as instructed. Then run Loader.exe

https://www.blackberry.com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=dB5bZddMq
Get 15% off a new BlackBerry device from ShopBlackberry! Use discount code vj7wgxj9w (Limited time only!!!)
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III

Downloading the OS - Will update you with the results soon

For more visit my Blog
Forums Advisor III

Thank You So much for the Help - The Phone is Updated and is working well - But there there is a Problem , I can't delete any picture , Music , Videos etc

For more visit my Blog
Guru II

Are these your own pictures stored on the media card? If they're preloaded pictures stored on the device then they can't be deleted.
Forums Advisor III

I don't have a memory card installed on my device and these Pictures , Music and Videos are My own - they occupy almost 2.5 GB so I really need to delete them - Please any help please

For more visit my Blog
Guru II

I HIGHLY recommend installing a media card to prevent these types of problems and to prevent data loss.

Try plugging the device into your computer and see if you can delete them from there. Make sure mass storage is on. If you can't get the memory to show up in My Computer then try BlackBerry desktop Software to access them.
Forums Advisor III

I tried deleting them from Desktop Manager but I was not able to delete so I tried deleting then from the phone by going to Options > Device > Storage > Click menu button and clicked format , Now the builtin storage cannot be read - Try to repair or Format - But when I click repair or format - This comes " Built-in Media Format / Repair Failed

For more visit my Blog