Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Lucylu82
My Device: Torch

HELP! Nothing is working properly on my torch!

Hi

Hi hopefully someone can give me some advice or help, as I don't know what else to do!  Where shall I start, I've had my BB Torch for 12 months but it started having problems after just 3.

Firstly it will not recognise my password anymore, it was fine then one day would not verify!  Therefore I cannot acceas my account to add/delete email accounts or download any apps.

The phone is so slow & freezes constantly, then today all my photos/videos have vanished, apparently the media card is broken, my BB then says do I want to repair the media card obviously I say yes but it doesn't work.  All my memories gone & I cannot find any way to get them back, I could cry.  I spoke to the phone shop where I bought the phone, the first time as I said 3 months after I bought the phone on a 24 month contract.  I have spoken to them on numerous occasions & All they have said is that I will have to pay an excess to  send the phone away for repair even though i pay monthly for insurance & they stated themselves that it is obviously a problem with the phone & nothing I have done to it.  I am just so upset as they have already told me if I send it away they will wipe everything & the only way I can save it would be to blackberry sync but I can't do this as i need to access my account and of course the password won't verify!

I wish I could find a way out of my contract but they say it will cost me £300 plus to buy myself out of it, basically I'm tied in to a contact for another 12 months with a phone that doesn't work.

HELP any advice at all is appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: HELP! Nothing is working properly on my torch!

Which password are you referring to?  You mean you cannot unlock your device at all?

My Device: Torch

:No my phone isn't locked, it's the password which you are asked for if you downloads an app or add/delete a pass word, I think it's technically my blackberry account password? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

ok so you mean your blackberry ID.  gotcha.

Are you able to login to blackberry ID from the computer?

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/login

I will try to help you, but have to address these issues one at a time.

My Device: Torch 9800

I had this problem a couple of years ago and I totally understand how upset you are! I lost all the pics and videos I had of the first year of my sons life and I felt physically sick!

Not sure what to do about your password so will have to leave that to someone else but to get at your pics try the following.

If you have the same problem as I had then try putting your media card in an old phone or a friends and you will probably see your pics still on there! Not going to help but it makes you feel better knowing they are still there!

I would then try to use an SD card adapter with a PC to get them all first and then do the repair or format the card and restore the pics back.

Hope this helps?

Please use plain text.