Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

DannySimon
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

HELP PLEASE!!

Hi, i went into phones4u and the women rang up webmatch and ordered me the Blackberry Torch 9800 on Orange it got delivered yesterday and i wasn't in, so i went into the royal mail depot and collected it at 4pm GMT then got home turned it on and had a play etc. It said it was on Orange and i had full 3G signal but nothing worked. So i rang Orange today and they said it need activating so the man said he would do it after i had finished on the phone - that was 4 hours ago and i still cannot use the phone properly.

Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in advance. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: HELP PLEASE!!

[ Edited ]

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

if that dont work

in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now, wait 5 minutes and try again.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
DannySimon

Also, when i go to send a text it says: request facility...

Also, when i go to send a text it says: request facility not subscribed.

With a red X next to the message.

Also, when i go to send a text it says: request facility not subscribed.With a red X next to the message.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Also, when i go to send a text it says: request facility...

Did you try the above?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
DannySimon

Thankyou, i have tried the battery previously and it didnt work. I followed your guide on the second option and as i went to do it it says: Registration message queued. It will be sent once data coverage is avaliable.

Please use plain text.
DannySimon

Any other suggestions guys?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

if that has not worked, then a call to carrier might be needed.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aconchas

If you're not connected to BIS or BES and your OS is version .141 then you need to upgrade to version .246. Sounds like its not registering with BIS. Do you see the blackberry icon (4 dots) next to the 3G? If you have lower case 3g or edge then you don't have data connection
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Hiya!

Yes, I would recommend doing what Knotty suggested and ring up your carrier and speak with their tech support. It sounds like it may actually be stuck in the RIM relay (thus showing a connection but not being able to use it).

If thats the case, they can force it thru and then resend your service books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.