Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Bigframe
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: LIME
Accepted Solution

HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

I had a Curve 8520 then I got a Torch 9800. I made the mistake of registering both with the same email address and info. Now Almost everything I do on my Torch 9800 shows up on the Curve 8520 which I no longer own!!! Including BB msgs, emails and texts msgs!!!! HELP!!!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!!!

Hi Bigframe

Welcome to Support Forums

Using the same email is not a mistake but you should have wiped your old device before handing it over . 

Now , refer to this Knowledge Base and change or update your BlackBerry ID username :

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

Also reset your BlackBerry ID password :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigframe

Ok I've done this (changed ID and Password) comfirmed the email but now I can't log in with the new ID and Password because it says "This username or password isn't associated with a valid BlackBerry ID. Try again."

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Bigframe wrote:

Ok I've done this (changed ID and Password) comfirmed the email but now I can't log in with the new ID and Password because it says "This username or password isn't associated with a valid BlackBerry ID. Try again."

If you already verified your new username or email then this error should have appeared !

From a PC are you able to login to BlackBerry ID website using your new email and password ?

Please check this KB to know if  your BlackBerry ID is successfully updated and confirmed 

KB28684 : How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

If you're able to login and also I assume you already confirmed your new email for BlackBerry ID  , and you're having OS6 on your BlackBerry Torch 9800.First do a backup of your device  then try this :

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Select BlackBerry ID and delete it from there . Reboot your device and after reboot try using the updated BlackBerry ID credentials.

Bigframe wrote:

I had a Curve 8520 then I got a Torch 9800. I made the mistake of registering both with the same email address and info. Now Almost everything I do on my Torch 9800 shows up on the Curve 8520 which I no longer own

I have a small query ! If you don't have your old 8520 with you then how did you know that it is reflecting everything on your old device which you don't have any access ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigframe

ok thanks....all is well with the torch.....now how can I rectify the 8520, because since I have re-registered the 9800 with another email address, the 8520 is refusing to operate the BB messenger and other functions like emails and Apps World etc. The owner of the 8520 would like me to solve that for them also. Please assist again.

Once again thanks for the solution and I will be sure to indicate that it did indeed solve the problem once I get the 8520 back up and running.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigframe

what I mean is how do I log in as a different user on the pc now so I can re-register the 8520?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigframe

Ok never mind.....Problem solved
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi there,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Bigframe wrote:

because since I have re-registered the 9800 with another email address, the 8520 is refusing to operate the BB messenger and other functions like emails and Apps World etc. The owner of the 8520 would like me to solve that for them also. Please assist again.

Aah ! you should have told me that you still have access to the current owner of your old device , on that situation we should have performed some other steps on your old device but not in your new torch .

I hope you already solved those issue with your old curve as you mentioned , but ... if the user of your old curve is still having problem then please advice him to create a new BlackBerry ID of his own , let him do a backup of his device , Once backup is done advice him to perform a security wipe , after a security wipe he can use his own BlackBerry ID which will resolve all issues including BBM . Here is the KB :

KB28225 : BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bigframe

Yes I think the issues have been solved. The phones now have separate ID registrations and are operating individually.
Many thanks again and I will let u know if any issues arise in the future!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey Bigframe

You're most welcome.. :smileyhappy:

Sure , do let us know if you ever have any problem with your BlackBerry.

Cheers!

Please use plain text.