Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
derb65
My Device: Torch 9800

HELP! Unlocked China Mobile Torch Ruining My Life

Sorry folks if this is an obvious one, or if I am posting in the wrong place.  Im a huge bberry fan (cant wait for the 10) but for now, stuck in China with my Torch.  The facts are thusly:

I have bought the China BIS package, the phone is unlocked, and it even reads EDGE in capital letters. Phone service works, so does internet.  Just not EMAILS.  

When I go to set up an email it goes straight to existing users, asking for my username.  Ummm what would that be?  Four characters?  How do I get one of those?

Or when I go to mobile.blackberry.com and choose Communications, then Email, then Gmail (or anything else) and then "integrate," it says that my blackberry isnt registered on the network, but it HAS been!  I have gotten the registration confirmation email.

Phone and internet works, just not push email.  Or "internet email," not sure which is which.  I just cant set up emails to the phone, only GMAIL on the internet.

HELP ME!  I AM LOST ON PLANET CHINA!!!!!

Thanks so much,

Jon

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Re: HELP! Unlocked China Mobile Torch Ruining My Life

You don't say you have called your provider?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

derb65 wrote:

When I go to set up an email it goes straight to existing users, asking for my username.  Ummm what would that be?  Four characters?  How do I get one of those?

Hi derb65

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Is that a used Device or a new one ? And is it properly Unlocked ? Inaddition you can always call your Carrier or your Service provider to know about the issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
derb65

Hey there--I think it was properly unlocked, after all the phone service and SMS works juuust fine. (Thats how you know, right?)  And yes, I have called China Mobile. They are much, much less than "helpful."  They told me today that they will figure it out in the next seven days.  

In China we would say...Tai Bu Hao le!  : (

Any ideas?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On the handset, go to:

For OS5 and 4.x
Options - Advanced Options - Host Routing Table
and click Register now, and escape back to the home page.

For OS6 and higher
in options, device , advanced, host routing table, click on menu and choose register now.

Wait 2 minutes and see if registration to network happens.

Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers
- scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
derb65

Thanks so much for the reply!  Have another look at  my post tho dude.  : (     I have already registered on the network (as you suggest) countless times.

And I cant "log in" to my email, since...that's the problem Im trying to solve.  Hahahhaa--"I cant log into my email."  Thats the problem we are trying to solve.

I have seen that response tho, and it looks like it helped lots of folks in the past through the years!

Sadly it doesnt quiiiite fit what Im trying to get done here...

Elite II
prince2012

derb65 wrote:

Hey there--I think it was properly unlocked, after all the phone service and SMS works juuust fine. (Thats how you know, right?)  

Hi derb65

Yes but those are Voice level services but not data, There are a few ways to know if your device is properly Unlocked or not , but please remember you Carrier can provide the actual information regarding your issues, you can try this to know if it is unlocked or not :  

For OS6 and above:

Options > Device > Advanced System Settings SIM Card

On that Screen type MEPD ( remember you won't see those letter you typed ). What do you see on that Screen beside:

1.Sim:

2.Network :

3.ServiceProvider:

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
derb65

Thanks so much for the note.  : )  Its official, Im obsessed.

Here is what I see when I type that stuff into SIM:

SIMDisabled

NETWORKDisabled

NETWORKSUBSETDisabled

SERVICEPROVIDERDisabled

CORPORATEDisabled

Then my phone number.

Unlock seems okay?

Elite II
prince2012

Hi derb65

Its seems Ok, On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection  > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Service = what is the status ?  

New Contributor
derb65

Thanks for sticking w me brother.

Looks all good to me--

BIS Connection: WIFI

BES Connection: WIFI

Mobile Network: EDGE

Provider: CHINA MOBILE

etc etc.

When I turn off my WiFi, of course BIS and BES all shift to Not Connected.

Whats the prognosis doc?  I gotta tell ya, Ill toss this thing out the window before I call "China Mobile" again...