Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Sonny3804
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: rogers

HELP: torch keeps rebooting and shuts down

I've tried the application loader software on desktop and from the BB site and with and without the battery in and in all cases it does not recognize any software is loaded.  All i get is that i have to add some software and I found online some forum that suggested to download any game and add it so it will stop it from rebooting.  I can't figure out how to download a game with .ali or alx.  Can anyone help as I have gone through all the help messages on here.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
digi_ice
My Device: Z30, playbook 64gb, backup device z10

Re: HELP: torch keeps rebooting and shuts down

Make sure to remove your battery from the 9800 then do the following >

If you have desktop software downloaded you will need to go into your windows files on your computer.

Go to > program files (x86) > Common Files > Research In motion > App Loader > Loader.exe

Click on the loader.exe

Once it loads up click next then plug usb cable form your computer to the 9800 it will detect it.

Keep the battery out, once it finishes loading and it goes into reboot put the battery back in.

Viola like a brand new 9800. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sonny3804

Tried this already and it finds no software and waiting for me to add. Thanks for the tip any other options.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
digi_ice

Ok what you can do is download the device software from your carrier. Install it on your computer then do as I said in the previous post it should load up.

Please use plain text.
Sonny3804

Thanks for the quick reply. Whatt software should I download.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
digi_ice

[ Edited ]

OK you are with rogers I see it in your profile. go to rogers wireless support put in your model which is the 9800 

then you will see BLACKBERRY 6OS its on the left side. click on that and it should lead you to the blackberry site.

good luck let me know how it goes. :smileyhappy:

EDIT:   download this version:  BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2921 (Multilanguage) 

Please use plain text.