Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mayak34
My Device: Torch

Handset sound not working

When making or receiving calls, the calls are connected, but using the handset I don't hear anything. The person on the other end of the call can hear me. I've figured out that I can hear when I use the speakerphone, or when I plug in headphones, but I can't seem to hear anything from the phone handset at all. 

My Torch has been freezing up a bit lately... but I have no idea what is causing this. Is there a setting I can change, or is something broken in the phone?

Thanks for any help!

Contributor
bb605
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Handset sound not working

restore the phone and see if this works...if not then, hardware issue may be the cause...did you drop it ever!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp (Options for MAC and PC) Your version. desktop manager download copy paste LINK...Info: Back up, restore, disconnect, reboot...
New Contributor
mayak34
My Device: Torch

I've reset by taking out the battery, and that hasn't worked.

I'm sure I've dropped it at some point in the past year, but there's nothing specific I recall recently that would have caused this. Is the hardware fixable? Should I go to an ATT store and see if they can help?

Contributor
bb605

yep...if with in the year you dropped it and it worked fine after that...it may be hardware that needs to be replace or looked at by a tech. YES take to them...

Did you restore the device? Try to restore it to new state...back it up, you have the desktop manager and usb items downloaded to do this? If not then...then easier for you to stop by the store and go from there.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp (Options for MAC and PC) Your version. desktop manager download copy paste LINK...Info: Back up, restore, disconnect, reboot...
New Contributor
Pslipof

mayak34: did you ever fix your problem? i think i have the same issue. Would like to know if there is a software fix or i need to fix the hardware or buy new phone. thanks.