Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mckee21
My Device: Blackberry Torch
Accepted Solution

Hangs up-black little clock

Hi,

I've had my Torch for about a month now.  I have noticed that it hangs up alot to where a little black clock with white hands comes on alot and makes it slow.  Why is this?  I supposedly traded up from a Bold 9700 to this model but now I think it was a mistake?  Anyone else having this problem and is there a solution?  Thanks all.

Jami

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None

Re: Hangs up-black little clock

Hey mckee21,

I'd try pulling the battery while the phone is turned on (hard reset) it may help the sluggishness a bit.

Also, make sure that you are closing all your applications properly. Press Menu / Switch Application to take a look at what is running and use Menu / Close to close currently opened applications. Just pressing the cancel key doesn't shut the application down just switches you to your homescreen I believe.

Taking it to the extreme you may benefit from doing a backup and complete wipe to the phone, however try the first pieces of advice before you try a wipe.

Euclidics

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mckee21

Thank you!! I didn't know about the menu trick, I will now be monitoring that.  I did close my programs and I did remove the battery too.  Thanks for your help!!!  Hope it works  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mckee21

Thank you Euclidics, that did solve my problem. Since I took the battery out twice, closed out of the applications I no longer wanted to be in, the battery is working great. I could even go 3 days now with one charge. Thank you so much!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Euclidics
My Device: None

Hey,

Glad that worked out for you!

If this or any posts in this thread were helpful please Kudos the author.
If this or any posts in this thread were the solution to the topic, please accept the post as the solution so others can view it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jwlyons3
My Device: Torch 9800

I "upgraded" from a Bold 9700 a couple weeks ago and I have seen the little "System is Busy" icon frequently.  I have not been able to attribute it to any particular app running or operation, it is intermittant but frequent enough to be annoying at best.  It hangs up all functions of the phone for 30-60 seconds at a time. 

Please use plain text.