Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SatyaNagapuri
My Carrier: 9633399680

Hardlock-BB-9800

Hi Team,

My BB touch 9800 has been hard locked, I am not able to open the lock, can you please help with the solution.

I got it from US (AT & T)& currently using in India.

Please help !

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hardlock-BB-9800

Hardlocked...?

1- You mean with a security password?

2- Or do you mean hard locked to the branded carrier, you can't unlock the device to use on your foreign carrier?

Hardlocked by MEP code********

There are a couple of routes to achieve this:

A) Get a vendor online.

B) After the ten attempts have been used, you must get RIM to unlock the device.

* IF your device is in warranty, contact your service provider technical support. Tell them you have this issue which needs to be escalated to RIM level customer support. I'll warn you that most carrier technical support people will first assume and think you are referring to a device security unlock, and you will need to convince them otherwise and explain clearly what you need. THEY will not be able to help you because the carriers themselves cannot unlock a device which has had the MEP code attempts depleted, and should (and you will need to ask) to have the case escalated to RIM level tech support.
* If your device is out of warranty, contact RIM direct. See the Contact Us information from the website: http://ca.blackberry.com/contact/ The options you want to select to speak to BlackBerry Customer Care are 3 (for inquiries, orders, billing, e-RMA etc) then 5 (e-RMA and Out of Warranty).

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SatyaNagapuri
My Carrier: 9633399680

Hi Sandra,

Thank for the Quick Responce,

1.How to get the Vendor Online?

2.Yes , Your Right i have tried more than 10 time to unlock, so i have to get the help from  RIM level tech support, can you please help me how to get in touch with the RIM Level tech Support?

3.Divice is not in Warranty , how much it cost ? how long it will take get activated?

Thanks & Regards

Satya Nagapuri

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,755
My Carrier: Verizon

1. I can't recommend one, I don't have a favored vendor for this. You may find one on eBay. Be careful to chose one with high positive buyer ratings.

2. Read my post, it states exactly how to dial RIM support.

3. I don't recall the recent cost, in the past it was $49USD, and it could take several weeks (shipping over, repair, return shipping).

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.