Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Haunted Torch

My Torch got haunted on Halloween day (I'm not kidding). The sound system in my car can stream content through Bluetooth and My Torch 9800 is of course linked with it, which I use to make handfree phone calls. As I drove off on Wednesday morning I turned on the sound system, intending to start a CD. The radio was off. Before I could do that, I heard a faint voice in the speakers. I turned up the volume. It was somebody with an American accent (I live in Montreal) giving some sort of press conference. After a while I realized it was mayor Bloomberg of New York City, saying he had spoken to President Obama and Governor Cuomo and giving safety instructions to New Yorkers about Sandy (call 311 not 911 for fallen trees, stay inside, etc.). He then said that the storm was going to hit the city that night, which meant that what I was hearing dated from 48 hours, on Monday afternoon.

My Torch was in my pocket, with no app running. I was hearing a radio clip dating from two days ago. The clip played for about 30 seconds, then the system went silent, then the clip played again in full, and did that until I reached the office. I was wondering where the hell that clip was coming from. It was seriously bizarre. 

I went back to my car later on and it did it again. I noticed that the sound system screen was showing it was reading audio through Bluetooth. I turned off my phone and it stopped, and started again when I turned the phone on again after it linked with the system, which meant the system was reading my phone, without any app running. I haven't the faintest idea how that clip got on my phone. In addition, I have explored my media card as well as the system and all files on my phone and didn't find a file, mp3 or other, that could contain that clip.

Does anybody have an idea as to what is happening inside my phone, apart from demonic possession?