Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
tommy001
My Device: 9810 Torch

Have to reboot device at least 3 times after software update

I connect to the Desktop each morning to see if there's an update and it seems like there is a new update each day.

After applying the update, the BB reboots.

I disconnect from the Desktop and access the BB app world from BB, its asks for BB ID update, I click OK, it then fails to update but it needs to reboot so I click OK again to reboot.  After rebooting, I make or take a phone call and the BB goes immediately into "lock" mode.  In which case, I pull the battery to reboot again to clear this.  So now, the routine for after the initial update, reboot, reboot, pull battery.  All this takes up nearly an hour's time.  Is it that I have a bad BB or is this how it should be?  Or is it that after the software update, I should just pull the battery?  Sometimes this does it and sometimes, it doesn't.  When it doesn't, when I try to access the app world, it says needs reboot again and I have to again pull the battery as a final reboot to complete everything and get the BB to no lock after a call.  I'm stumped and I'm about to throw away this BB and convert to the iPhone (I really do not like the iPhone but this BB is giving me a headache with all these reboots each morning)!