Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2

Having problems transferring my videos from my Torch 9860 to my computer

I am having major troubles transferring my videos from my phone to my computer.  When I attach my phone to my laptop it does not bring any visible videos up.  I can sync photos and music, but for some reason it looks like I have no videos.

My phone also doesn't give me the option to send videos by text or to upload to Facebook etc, is this normal?

The videos I believe are saved as 3G fomat, not sure if this is why its preventing me from being able to view them when I view my media files via my laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Having problems transferring my videos from my Torch 9860 to my computer

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With most computers, they will not auto-recognize a filetype unless they have a proper app installed (to the computer) that works with that specific filetype. 3GP (not "3G") are rather specialized, but there are a few PC-based apps that can read them. As I recall, if you download and install QuickTime to your PC, that will install a compatible translator that might also be usable by other things (e.g., Windows Media Player). Otherwise, you need to seek out a PC-based media player that can play this specific file time (and/or find an app that will translate them).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2

Re: Having problems transferring my videos from my Torch 9860 to my computer

Thanks very much, I will give it a try.....  Cheers for your help.... Smiley Very Happy