Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
SamuelJohnson
My Device: Torch

Help Me Reinstall My Facebook Application... Please...

Hello there.

I am traumatised. 

This morning I tried to upgrade the Facebook application.  It crashed my Blackberry Torch.  The only way I could sort it was to unistall the Facebook application.  I have tried to reinstall the Facebook application, but to no avail.  It says it has reinstalled, but I cannot locate it.

Please help.

The lack of clear help and contact has not helped this situation.

Hoping for a speedy reply.

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Help Me Reinstall My Facebook Application... Please...

Welcome to the forums!

Go into Options>Device>Application Management.  Is Facebook listed there?  If so, please delete it again, then allow your device to reboot.

If not, please hard reset your device by removing the battery with the device powered ON.  Wait a few minutes then replace the battery and try re-installing Facebook.

Are you installing via AppWorld or from www.blackberry.com/facebook?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
SamuelJohnson

Thank you for your help....

Still not working.

When I go into Options>Device>Application Management Facebook isn't listed, unless I search... Then the following is listed:  net_rim_bb_facebook_lib   but it won't delete...

How do I get my device to reboot?  Full power off doesn't seem to do it...

I am installing (or trying to reinstall) from AppWorld, which appears to be stalling somewhat...

Any further suggestions/help geatly appreciated...  Thanking you in anticipation...

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

I explained how to do a hard reset above.

Leave your device powered ON, then physically remove the battery from the back of the device.  Wait a few minutes, replace the battery and check for Facebook again.

Here's another option for you.

Download and install an app to your PC called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).  You can get it here: www.bbsak.org

Once that's installed, connect your device to the PC and launch BBSAK.  It will ask you for a password.  if you haven't set one for your device, just click OK.

Once launched, you'll see a button to Modify CODs.  Click on that, then click on Read System.  You'll see a list of .cod (or application) files populate on the right side of the screen.  Locate anything that says Facebook, highlight it and press "Remove COD."  

Here's an image for reference:

screen2.jpg

Keep us posted!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
SamuelJohnson

Thank you so much!!

Finally it is back.  A hard reset followed by a reinstall and a reboot helped.

Thank you again.  Brill!

I shall certainly use the forums again.

Thanks, and a great weekend!!

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Glad you're back in business!  :smileyhappy:

kimbo5
My Device: blackberry Bold 9930

Hi, I have the same question and did all those instructions you said but stil couldnt re-install the Facebook app. Please help me.