Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Help! Missing backup files

I back-up my blackberry through desktop manager about once every two weeks. Yesterday, my phone crashed and gave me an error message, forcing me to update my software and wiping the phone in the process. It did this once before as well. When I went to go restore my blackberry after the update, the last backup file I could find was from May. 

I backed it up two days ago. I've backed it up a ton of times since last May. This doesn't make any sense. I've lost all my contacts, all my messages, everything that I gained in the last six months.

Does anyone know where the files could be, or why Desktop Manager might have messed up like this and not actually been making backups when it said it was? I restored with the May backup and tried backing it up, and of course now it works and the file is in the Blackberry Backups folder. I've searched for .bbb files on my computer and found nothing beyond what's in the folder. 

There's no reason for me to have lost all this data, I back it up often specifically so this never happens, so where did all of those files go? Is there any way for me to get it all back? 

Thank you!!

Solutions: 6,233
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help! Missing backup files

Do a search also for any *.ipd files.
>> Learn more about the Priv by BlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code