Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Help--Outlook Sync problems

I love the phone, love everything about it except I can't get any of the organizer to sync.  Every time I try to configure settings it gives me an unknown error.  IT was just here and they had the same problem after uninstall/reinstall.  Right now this is making the phone not useful to me.  

Have Outlook 2007 and using MS Vista.  Any ideas?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Help--Outlook Sync problems

I'm got similar probs with syncing; sync works if I use DM5 instead of DM6.  I have Vista x64 and Outlook 2007 SP2.  I have  a ticket submitted for this issue, and @BlackBerryHelp (twitter) is looking into it as well.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Fixed my Torch/DM6 sync issue after tinkering with it for the last few days. Posted my notes in BB forum here: http://bit.ly/ch9fkh

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
My Device: TORCH 9800

Thank you for sharing your solution....but to be frank this is a lot of complicated work for regular folks.  It should not be this hard to sync...especially since I just bought my Torch 9800 a week ago.  Little picture says just plug & play.  I have yet to sync my organizer after 8 hours of trying and my I. T. also could not get anywhere with it.  After I select "Organizer" every time I clikc on "Configure settings..." I get a pop up window telling me that I mus have an internet connection to proceed.  I tryed everey thing, turning off all my firewalls, Norton, you name it I jsut cant get past it....what gives? thanks

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I can't sync outlook 2003 contacts to BB Torch.  OS is Vista.  Using BB software version 6.0.0.141.  Error is 0x80040FB3.  The sync worked on my previous 8380 BB.   I went through my 4000 outlook contacts and made sure I had last name, first name, middle name or initial. I deleted all dashes, titles and other characters.  I am not mapping company name because I saw in other versions lack of co name could trigger this message.  Each time I run the sync, a different record comes up as being ignored.  I retype ecord and resync but still doesn't work.  I am only syncing from outlook to the BB.  If I ignore changes, I can sync my calendar, etc.  so problem is only in contacts.

Is there a protocol I can follow to sync?

My Device: blackberry curve 9800
My Carrier: vodafone

hi there

I have the same problem with every time i configure it comes up with error. all i want to do is get my contacts from outlook

kerrie

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

For all those having Outlook contact sync problems with BB torch:

There is a bug in the current messenger software.  DO NOT UPGRADE TO LATEST MESSENGER SOFTWARE AS IT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO ACCESS THE NETWORK.  I have had several multi hour sessions with BB tech support on both these issues and here is the work around until the new version of software is issued.

1. Clear any contacts from the Blackberry.

2. Sync one way from Outlook to Blackberry to get contacts onto BB.

3. In the Blackberry desktop manager, uncheck the box replace all contacts on the BB

4. You will now be able to sync all additions from your Outlook to the contacts on the BB with a one way sync.  We did not test a 2 way sync or a one way sync from BB to Outlook so you are on your own from here.  

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800; OS 6

I had the same problem with my Torch, Desktop Manager 6.0, and Outlook 2007.  I tried repairing Desktop Manager but that didn't help.  I finally removed Desktop Manager and re-installed it, then had to go through all the sync set ups again, but it solved the problem.  Good luck.

My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: vz

i have tried all these steps - nothing works

very disappointing

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Help--Outlook Sync problems SOLUTION???

[ Edited ]

I had this issue and have now fully synchronized all contacts, calendars, tasks and memos.

After some research I found an add-on app for Desktop Manager called Companion Link. This is a 14 day trial but its a work around for the time being until Blackberry get this sorted as its a BIG problem

Here are the steps:

1. Exit BlackBerry Desktop Software.
  2. Launch CompanionLink Setup.
  3. Click the BlackBerry Settings button within CompanionLink, then click OK when you see the screen displaying your BlackBerry PIN.
  4. Relaunch BlackBerry Desktop Software.

.... Sync and all is good :smileyhappy:

I have to say, that after paying £450 for my Torch last Friday this is a severe disappointment and is something I feel RIM should look at as a priority as it is affecting their flagship phone.