Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: o2

Help! Torch broken down from nowhere. App Error 602.

So today my phone was working fine as it always has, I decided to remove some programs I don't need. I removed Google Talk and AOL Messenger and pressed yes to reboot as it needed to. Phone powered off, powered back on again and did the black Blackberry screen with scrolling white loading bar. It gets to the end of it and instead of booting my phone it presents me with a white screen with App Error 602 on it with Reset underneath, I press Reset and the phone powers off, on, black Blackberry screen with scrolling white loading bar and then goes back to App Error 602, Reset. 

I cannot get it to start, I need it working urgently, the only Blackberry Support page suggests they don't know what the problem is, and advises me to reset to software on the phone. The only problem is BDM 4.7 will not connect to the device because it can't boot!

It comes up with Blackberry Torch 9800 but every single option is greyed out. In the bottom right it displays 'Connecting' with a circling green symbol but nothing ever happens. Please can anyone be of assistance.

Regards.

Blackberry Torch 9800

Carrier o2 UK.

Solutions: 6,118
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help! Torch broken down from nowhere. App Error 602.

[ Edited ]

I would recommend you download and install BBSAK and do a wipe on the device and reload the software.

BBSAK Download here.  http://www.bbsak.org/download.php

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=F466E84E4D899DDA09BE2BF2D3D7ECE3

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Dear Mr. Sanders,

Same issue for me, App Error 602 after I played with the apps on my 9800 through the BB DM.

Apploader or BBSAK don't work since my PC can no longer connect with my 9800, or at least doesn't seem to detect the device.

Is there a way to wipe and do a clean install directly on the 9800? It's a simlock free device.

Thanks- Sander.

Visitor
My Device: all that have been released in the last 8 years, latest 9700+9800
My Carrier: vodafone&t-mobile (NL)

same here, just icked one up in amsterdam and am now on a business trip in Nigeria, worked well for all of 10 minutes until i wanted to de-install some unused languages.

took notice of the suggested fixes, however I am on a Mac with no win-VM whatsoever.

Any suggestions to get me going again?

thanks

My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

any solution for that in the meantime? I faced the problem yesterday :smileysad:

liea

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: 3

I've got the same problem.

Removed Portuguese language app, now the phone boots first to a screen saying:

'Uncaught exception: no input support can be provided for en_GB local'.

Then the usual 'software security' progress bar, and when that's complete the 'Uncaught exception box appears again'. Clicking on the 'OK' has no effect initially, but after several clicks a new dialog appears:

'Uncaught exception:ApplicationRegistry.getOrWaitFor (0x3826bb0c02022) owner died Thread [Thread-140967936,5] Clicking the OK in this box (or pressing any other buttons) has no effect, though the phone appears to be working in the background - network signal, wi-fi and so on all showing.

Attempting to connect to the computer (in my case, a Mac), leads to the App Error 602, and hitting reset sets the whole cycle off again.  Blackberry Desktop Software says it can't connect to the phone.

Hard reset doesn't work.

Any ideas? 

New Contributor

Hello... I have a mac as well and I'm at a loss as to what to do. Did you fix your problem?? :smileyfrustrated:

New Contributor

Someone please help... NOTHING'S working!! :smileysad:

New Contributor

I contacted my service provider's tech support, and my BB has now been sent away for repair or replacement.

New Contributor

Just picked up a replacement 9800 - 3's tech support say the original phone is unrepairable.