Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sharkbait1
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

Help Urgent Please

I have a BB Torch 9800 OS V.6.0 which I have been happy with since recieving it in in 2011 however I recently downloaded the latest PC software onto my desktop for windos XP.

The latest version indicicated V.7.0  which I downloaded and connected up my Torch to the PC with the required data cable.

My phone has since crashed after the Updated software was installed and now I am unable to use the phone for any other purpose other than to make a simple phone call.Mybattery does not last a few hours and the hour glass keeps popping up which is most fustrationg.

Virgin Media have kindly tried to assist me with all resets,deletions etc and with No success at all.I am so disapointed at the loss of my Mobile that I never want too se another BB again.

This is my last chance to redeem any sort of satisfaction in getting my 9800 tORCH phone back.

Help

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: Help Urgent Please

Downgrading the OS...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

the best way to upgrade or downgrade is google your BB model

and download the latest O/S available.

it doesnt have to be from your carrier, you can use O/S from any carrier you like.

- install DM and O/S on your PC

- download BBsak and install on your PC

- backup your BB twice using DM, in case one of them is corrupt.

- run BBsak and choose "wipe device" , wait untill you get error 507

- go to my computer -  local disk C - program files - common files - Research In Motion -

Apploader and delete Vendor XML

- double click on Loader, and just install the new O/S

- once its done, reboot the BB, then using DM to restore your back up

- done !

VIA |

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi sharkbait1

Regarding downgrading the OS you can try those simple steps :

1.Locate and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Downgarde will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

As you already downloaded the OS pack so you can skip # steps 1 , and continue with the rest .But please note don't Install multiple OS pack on your PC , if you already have any other OS pack install in your PC other then the one you'll be using  then Uninstall it .

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Downgrading-to-OS-5/m-p/2510783#M153753

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sharkbait1
My Device: Torch 9800

Hey all I have my BB Torch 9800 Back!!!!  Yes sireeeee.. Many thanks to Icedgorilla and Prince2012 !! You guys are great.

both your mails backed each other up and created certainty into an area I have never ventured!! both contributed equally and I am most grateful to you guys and everone else on here.

Love you guys ...

Sharkbait1

Please use plain text.
Developer
josuefunes
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Thanks sharkbait1

Welcome to the Community!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.