Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
rkm282
My Device: Torch 9800

Help needed to restore the Social Feeds on my Torch

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I'm very new to Blackberry and I've only just started using a Blackberry Torch.

My carrier is Vodafone, here in the UK and I'm on the Blackberry 6 OS.

I've very stupidly deleted the Social Feeds section that's installed on the 6 OS version that already exists on the handset. Is there a way I can restore it without taking my phone back to Vodafone?

I've backed up my phone, but only since I deleted the Social Feeds (the icon is still there, but I can't do anything with it).

I've not installed may apps (mainly free ones), but what I have installed is now backed up on my laptop.

I've tried to update my phone from the desktop software on my laptop in the hopes that will restore the social feeds, but that hasn't worked as there doesn't appear to be any updates available. I've also looked online to see if there is a 6 OS upgrade/restore that will restore the Social Feeds software or restore the phone back to factory setup etc..., but I can't find anything there either.

Would be really grateful for any help or advice.

Many thanks,

Rena

NB: Sorry, just a very quick update after seeing a quick post from "newshutr" after he mentioned OPTIONS>DEV ICE>APPLICATION MANAGEMENT. I've just had a look in that section of my phone and it says that the "net_rim_bb_feeds_lib" and "net_rim_bb_feeds_rss" status is "Deletion Pending". Is there anyway I can reverse that or restore those files? Because it looks like that will cure the problem.

Many thanks in advance.