Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Help needed urgently. 102 Error

Be sure and delete the vendor.xml files as Prince suggested above. Failure to delete them may prevent the OS you installed from loading to the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
paulo20387
My Device: torch 9810

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem i already solved by installing everything from the scrach, but my main concern is that since i update my 9810 to OS 7.1 my phone is acting very strange in 3 weeks i had to reinstall the OS system 3 times, first was because of error 502 then two weeks later the phone just rest by it self and then the staring bar stoped halfway and never reached the end the third time was today the phone got the error 102 so again i had to reinstall everything.

Im very concern i dont know what it happening with my phone, all this happens when the phone is in idlemode that means doing nothing or just charging sometimes, can someone help me explaning to me what could be happening?, why so many errors?. my phone is using 7.1 bundle 2061.

I will apreciate anything that you could tell me.

Thanks!!!

New Contributor
paulo20387

Ok, there is definitely something wrong with my phone i just reinstall everything and updating my BlackBerry ID my phone just freezed, i performed a hard rebot and the white bar stops at 1/3 again. Please i really need help!!!!!!
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

There is an updated OS version for 9810. You can consider updating to that OS version. As this OS is not released for your carrier, so delete vendor.xml file after installing OS in your PC.

• For Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml
  • For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7: C: \ Program Files x86\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2108
Consisting of:

• Applications: 7.1.0.746
  • Software Platform: 5.1.0.546
  • File name: 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.746_Mobilicity.exe
  • File size: 281.66MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Check the below KB article -

• KB03621 How to clean reload BlackBerry Device software and applications using BlackBerry Desktop Software

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello paulo20387

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If even after reinstalling OS you having the same issue again and again, then I also prefer you should first try a Clean OS Reload as tanzim suggested on his second post .Also after Installing the new OS please note that don't restore any applications from your backup except you contacts or calendar entries for a day. Sometime a bad behaving app may also lead to numerous issues as in you case. 

If error does not appear then install one application at a time , it will allow you to know if any application is responsible for the issue you are having. So please try it and let us know of your progress.

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
paulo20387

thanks so much for your awnsers.

first what i mean with reinstall de OS is exactly what tanzim said in teh second post, i just install everything from 0.

Related to the special OS for 9810 i tried to install it but when i do it appears an error first saying that is not possible because there is some missing file related to Wireless Sync music application then i unistalled and the same happen again but now with an application related to the configuration of emails, this application does not appear in my list so i dont know how to unistalled or Reinstalled, Im affraid my phone in any moment will crash again a few moments ago reported an error related to Java, so im basically waiting it to turn off again in any moment.

Do you know how can i reinstall or identify this application related to the email? i tried uninstalling the Email Setup app but i still getting the same error when i tried to updated to the 9810 OS.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi paulo20387

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble, But as I asked are you restoring applications from the backup ? Regarding Email Setup application , Connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software with having active internet connection to your PC , On Desktop Software click on Application , wait till applications list loads  , then scroll down and see if Email Setup application is listed there , if you see  " +  " sign besides email setup then Click on it to add that application to your device.

If problem still continues after a few days then I think you may have to use some third party software like BBSAK to start all over again.  

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
paulo20387

Hi Prince2012,

yes i suspect from the begining about maybe some app is causing problem and actually i detected that BBM is causing some of the errors that my device is suffering at least the one related to the Java exception.

About the app related to Email setup, i already search in the Application area (Desktop manager) and there is nothing with that name there, i have desktop manager in my native language and i cannot translate exactly the name but is called something like " Email setup library" which a i dont now if is the right translation but as i said the closes thing that i can correlate with that name is the email setup app that i already uninstall and reinstall but nothing seems to work.

Im kind of desperate because all my work depends of my phone, so i really need it in good conditions =(...

Thanks a lot for your support.

Elite II
prince2012

Hi paulo20387

If application loader is not allowing you to add email setup application then you have to install the OS pack on your PC , locate your Carrier and download that OS pack from here  Carriers , after downloading that OS double click on the same file to install it on your PC , then run desktop software and click on application , it will allow you to add email setup application on your device.

And regarding those continuious errors if you think BBM or any other third party application is responsible then delete all of those application from your device to see if that helps in resolving your issue.

Or if you want to take a chance and start all over again  then try this : ( steps are same as tanzim stated but you may have to use BBSAK to wipe your device before installing the new OS on your device .)

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Double Click on the same file that you have downloaded to install it on your PC.

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then if it allow  perform your backup of your device.

4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Use BBSAK from  http://bbsak.org/   and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.

6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Update will continue , after installing the new OS do a selective restore i;e restore only your Contacts or Calander entries. don't restore any application from backup. let the new OS run for a day to see if error resolves.If all goes well then install fresh application from App World .But only BlackBerry Native application NO third party applications.

So if you wish you can try this .