Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sophia-jones
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Sophia

Help!

I dropped my Blackberry torch 9810 earlier when I switched it on the signal says SOS and I have no signal whatsoever, I have turned my phone off a number of times now and when it comes back on it starts to search for its usual 3G Orange network and then just switches on to SOS. please help, any advise on what I should do? 

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help!

Sophia, have you tried pulling the battery for 15 seconds and reinstalling? That is different than turning it off and on?

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sophia-jones

no i havent how do you re-install? i much appreciate you helping me!

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Just pull the battery and put it back in and let it reboot.

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sophia-jones

oh i know what you mean now, that what i have been doing but it's still coming up as trying to search for the network then switching straight to SOS

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

You can do a couple of things. First is it under the 1 yr warranty or you have the extended warranty? If not call  your provider VZW or AT&T Sprint? Ask them for BB Tech support. Some where in there if it is repairable they can save it or direct you on how to wipe and reinstall software. I hope you have been using BB Protect?

Please use plain text.