Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
siwel1976
My Device: Blackberry 8520

Help

I just purchased the BB Torch. I live in an area that has 3G technology. However over the weekend the signal has been showing EDGE. I think this is effecting my internet browsing b/c its slow. Is this because of the signal or memory? Would I need to download WiFi apps for better performance? By the way I have ATT as my carrier. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Help

Yes EDGE means you're not on the fastest connection. Here's a KB article describing what the different GSM statuses mean. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02334

You can try to go into Manage Connections and uncheck/check Mobile Network to turn the radio off/on. Or you can perform a hard reset (while the device is on, remove the battery for 15 seconds and replace it). See if your signal goes back to 3G. 

If you had a BlackBerry before did it obtain a 3G signal in your area?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.