If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Esskamo
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi, my Torch 9800 is permanently in SOS mode so no calls,SMS, or emails! I've pulled the battery, rebooted and find the message "uncaught exception. Object already exists" when it starts up again. But still in SOS mode. Sooo frustrating! HELP!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Hi, my Torch 9800 is permanently in SOS mode so no calls,SMS, or emails! I've pulled the battery, rebooted and find the message "uncaught exception. Object already exists" when it starts up again. But still in SOS mode. Sooo frustrating! HELP!

You'd better call your carrier on this one. Usually when a phone shows 'SOS', there's a problem with the SIM card.

Let us know if that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Hi, my Torch 9800 is permanently in SOS mode so no calls,SMS, or emails! I've pulled the battery, rebooted and find the message "uncaught exception. Object already exists" when it starts up again. But still in SOS mode. Sooo frustrating! HELP!

Hi and welcome to the forums!

See if this KB applies to your device and software.

Thanks,

BIfocals

KB24894 BlackBerry smartphone displays "Uncaught Exception: object already exists" when BlackBerry Mobile Voice Systems 5.0 client is pushed to smartphone via Software Configuration

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Esskamo

Thanks BillJ...in order to receive calls, I switched my SIM card to my old Bold, so I know it's not that. Looks like my Torch is back to BB I think! Nuisance....

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm sorry to hear that.

If your phone is less than one year old, atleast you qualify for warranty work on it.  Many carriers will just give you a new one with no hassles, but others will lend you an inferior replacement while yours is being repaired.

Just make sure you do a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software before taking it in.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Esskamo

Will do....thanks!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Esskamo and welcome to the forums!

I see BillJ  has given you some great advice!

Here is very good article on keeping your data safe.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

"Before selling, or after buying, a previously owned BlackBerry® smartphone, there are important steps to take to make sure that personal information is kept secure and that the BlackBerry smartphone will function properly for the purchaser. The following procedures outline the necessary steps to take before selling or after purchasing a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone."

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
tundra130
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Check to make sure the correct carrier is being used.  I have had this happen a few times by my users and the carrier was switched.  We are Verizon but their device was showing AT&T was the carrier being used.

Please use plain text.
tundra130
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Make sure the correct carrier is being used.  Verizon is Global and AT&T is GSM.  Global or GSM might have been incorrectly switched too.

Please use plain text.