Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

KB1
New Contributor
KB1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2 (uk)

History of received text senders names ??

Hi everyone. I have only had my Torch 9800 a week and obviously i am still finding my way around but.......

In the bar that shows an envelope to show i have a new text message after i have opened it and go back to the main screen,if i tap the bar (between the ringer and search symbols) it shows me who i have had a text message from and when etc.. How do i delete that information ??

Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MrDJ
My Device: Q10 (rip Torch)
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: History of received text senders names ??

hi and welcome to the forum.

strange as mine doesnt show up there.

easiest way to delete them is open text messages shortcut.

scroll down to the ones you want deleted and hit the red X. will have to do this one at a time.

unless someone else knows a quicker fix.

Please use plain text.
KB1
New Contributor
KB1
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2 (uk)

Re: History of received text senders names ??

Hi Mr DJ.

I havnt explained this very well im sorry to say. Im fine with deleting the recieved text/chat. What i mean is if there is no notification envelope icon showing and i scroll the blue bar thingy down onto that section and then press enter (or touch it for that matter) a little drop down appears with an envelope icon and it says text messages. Underneath that, for instance, it reads. AB mobile and then 09/02 which was 4 days ago !. Ok i can highlight it and text that person if i want to from that drop down but i dont want it to appear for prying eyes to see if you get my drift here.

Its almost as if the phone has created its own shortcut for me to text that person to save going into contacts at a later date. Ive looked everywhere i can think of to find out how to delete it without deleting the contact.

Cheers keith.

Please use plain text.