Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook
Accepted Solution

Home Screen Appearance

[ Edited ]

I've had my Torch 9800 for one week after upgrading from a Bold 9700. I'm happy with the upgrade.

When I completed various tasks I could press "ALL" and all the icons in the home menu screen would drop down. Basically disappear with only a small upward facing triangle remaining below to press and reopen the home screen icons.

Yesterday I uploaded some music mp3 files from my computer onto the Torch. The Torch is extremely limited with sound selections (ring tones) compared to the Bold. Now the phones ALL menu does not disappear completely as previously. I now have my selected wallpaper and 4 icons (text messages, email etc.) on the bottom row.

I know this is a minor detail but ALL the icons disappearing with only an upward pointed triangle was a nice feature leaving full view of my wallpaper on the phone.

I just spent 3 hours trying various procedures and going through the user manual's 300+ pages. Any comments or solutions are appreciated. I tried restoring from back up without success.
Running 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246) Platform 6.4.0.105. Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

Re: Home Screen Appearance

Tap and drag the bar at the top of the icons - you can drag up (and get 1, 2 or 3 rows of icons) or down (and get down to no icons).

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Blackberry Playbook

Re: Home Screen Appearance

Thank you Recourteau for your prompt solution. That was easy. Kudos to you.