Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

edmcbride58sage
My Device: Torch

Home screen trays on Torch

Can anyone tell me how I can set one of the home screen trays to be my default? For example it always goes to ALL when I would prefer to only use FAVORITES.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Home screen trays on Torch

All is default, what I do is hit red key to get to home aka ALL then scroll over to right to get to favorites.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

guygreenstein
My Device: Torch

great question.  did you ever figure this out?  seems so wrong to have a favorites, but not be able to access it before seeing your "non-favorites" on the all screen.

Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800

Still a great question. Despite it now being 2 years later this obvious flaw remains. Knottyrope's workaround works but is clumsy. Why have a workaround when (if RIM bothered to care) the issue could be fixed?
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

It depends on which model of Torch you're using.  If you're using a Torch running OS 6, use knottyrope's suggestion.  If you're using a Torch running OS 7 (9810, 9850 or 9860), highlight the bar that says "All, Favorites, etc." and press your menu key.  Choose Manage Panels and you can then choose which panel(s) you wish to display.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
dogmatooth
My Device: Torch 9800

Thanks for that. Yes it does help. Now I know why I could not find the solution. Because there isn't one for my phone (a 9800). Either I must downgrade back to OS 5 or buy a new phone so I can get OS 7.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

I say go for an OS 7 phone.....they rock!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.