Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: Bold 9780

Horizontal black line in my blackberry 9780 display

I see a horizontal black line in my blackberry 9780 display. I removed my battery with power on and restarted the system, the problem still exists. In fact it is visible even when it is off.

The horizontal black line appears whenever I use Google maps or waze for navigation. It stays for a week and then vanishes. I would like to know the reason for appearance of horizontal black line in my display and also I would like to have a permanent solution for this problem.

Please somebody reply on priority.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9105, BlackBerry Curve 9220

Re: Horizontal black line in my blackberry 9780 display

Thulasiraman wrote:

I see a horizontal black line in my blackberry 9780 display. I removed my battery with power on and restarted the system, the problem still exists. In fact it is visible even when it is off.

The horizontal black line appears whenever I use Google maps or waze for navigation. It stays for a week and then vanishes. I would like to know the reason for appearance of horizontal black line in my display and also I would like to have a permanent solution for this problem.

Please somebody reply on priority.

Hi Thulasiraman,

This may be a software or hardware-related issue.  Please contact your service provider as they may provide you troubleshooting steps and any other possible options to fix this.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join me on my BBM Network as well as BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: 2A5706AD
Twitter: @sesa_jeckieboo | @i_am_jecka
WeChat: Sesa_Domina_Jecka | i_am_jecka
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Horizontal black line in my blackberry 9780 display

Try installing Blackberry Virtual Expert from App World and see if the issue persists there or not,if the issue perists its a hardware issue which only after close examination by Blackberry trained expert can replace the LCD kit only or phone if there are no signs of any physical damage depending if the phone is in manufacturers warranty which is 18 months from date or purchase or as per the T&C of your contract.Try and see if a software update helps which would be very weak as most lines on LCD turn out to be hardware issues and also as you mentioned that it shows when the phone is off its got to be hardware issue.Always take a backup onto external SD card or your PC using Blackberry Protect or Blackberry Desktop Software.
Shayak Munshi