Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

argungu
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Hot liquid spill on torch

I recently spilled hot tea all over my phone. I immediately removed the battery and used a tissue to wipe the phone. I left it to dry for several days before putting the battery back on but the phone still won't come on. Does anybody know how or where I can get it fixed? I live in the UK btw.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Hot liquid spill on torch

It likely isn't worth fixing. When anything other than water gets spilled on the device it can corrode the device quite quickly. In your case, removing the battery and then rinsing with water and leaving to dry would have been the thing to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Re: Hot liquid spill on torch

Use a new battery first. When the phone gets wet it usually shorts out the battery. I also would put it in a bag of rice for a few days with the back off just to make sure its completely dry. Mean while order a new battery from Amazon. They have the best prices and quick shipping.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.