Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

How do I clear the facebook notification icon on my homescreen?!

Hey everybody!!

So, I only go on facebook every now and then on my phone and I have before and got the notification and was able to delete them. Tonight when I clicked on the 10fb icon, nothing shows...? Its not in my messages either. If anyone could please help me figure out how to get rid of the notification I would appreciate it!! :Yes:

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: How do I clear the facebook notification icon on my homescreen?!

Remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.  That will often get rid of rogue message notifications.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Thank you for the reply, but no it didn't work....
Elite II

Okay, on to step two.

From your homescreen, click your Messages icon.  Once in that application, press the menu key (the BB key to the left of the trackpad) and select View Folder.  Scroll down to Facebook Messages and see if it's in that one.

Let us know if this additional information has been helpful.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi, thanks again..
I dont have a folder in there named 'facebook messages' I have browser messages.. Its a mystery!!?
Elite II

I have Facebook Messages two down from Browser Messages.  Strange that you don't have it on your phone, which is also an OS 7 phone.  :smileysad:

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

The icon is from an FB notification, not message.

go to facebook app

top right corner has row of icons (heads, envelope, globe), and if any of them is NOT greyed out, then you get the FB notification icon.

tap on the Facebook app panel to view your type of notification and the FB notification icon should go away from your home screen.