Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

kource
My Device: Torch 9800

How do I get rid of an application in Desktop Software

I installed the wrong alx file for Wallet Manager.  I have contacted tech services for the application who informed me that I had installed the wrong one of three files. 

I have deleted the app from the Torch and followed procedure to remove the app from the Desktop, but the wrong version  persists.  i have removed and reinstalled the Desktop software, but Wallet Manager still appears when the Torch is connected even though i have deleted it from the device. 

I even copied the correct file into the directory that was originally used to import the app and tried to reload from there -- no luck!

What am I missing here?  Where are the files that the Desktop uses to discover the applications?  How do I find out whether the unwanted app has been removed?  This app performs a function that I use all of the time so I really need to fix this. 

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How do I get rid of an application in Desktop Software

Hi there,

Try checking under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Applications (on 64-bit systems, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\...).

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!