Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Developer
rjsdavis
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do you remove a "saved" email from your Torch? (I've permanently got four new messages showing on the phone all of the time, and can't get rid of them!)

Hi to all

I'm a bit of a dufus, and a few minutes ago, managed to highlight four emails (that I had the intention of deleting as a small group), but managed to click on the "SAVE MESSAGES" by mistake. (Bloody touchscreens!)

It brought a small window saying "SAVING MESSAGES", and ever since, even though I subsequently deleted the four emails, permanently have the red STAR icon on two of my email accounts indicating that there are NEW MESSAGES sitting there waiting to be read - but there aren't any.

Also  -at the top of the homepage screen of the Torch, along the same line where the SOUNDS icon and the MAGNIFIYING GLASS sits, I've permanently for the symbol for 4 EMAILS sitting there, which usually only comes up when there are genuinely four new emails waiting to be read. When I actually select this email icon, it doesn't actually show anything - this is because THERE ARE NO NEW MESSAGES!

Jeezzz... It's only been like it for 20 mins, but it's really starting to bug me! I've done a battery pull power reset hoping that that would clear it when it re-booted - but it didn't. The **bleep** things are still there looking at me. It would seem that because I've now deleted these four emails that I "saved", that I now cannot access them to "unsave" them.

Oh, and I'm not using Exchange or anything like that. I've just got a bog-standard Torch, that simply reads a number of my POP email accounts. Therefore, they're not saved on a server anywhere, as they were old (at least 2 days old) emails that have long since been downloaded onto my computer and are no longer sitting on a server anyway - so god only knows where they've actually been saved to.

HELP!?:Detective:

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: How do you remove a "saved" email from your Torch? (I've permanently got four new messages showing on the phone all of the time, and can't get rid of them!)

Check in the Applications Folder for your saved messages.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Developer
rjsdavis

Re: How do you remove a "saved" email from your Torch? (I've permanently got four new messages showing on the phone all of the time, and can't get rid of them!)

Apologies for being really dumb - but how?

Am looking in the APPLICATIONS folder right now, and can only find:

MemoPad

Tasks

Calculator

Word To Go

Sheet To Go

Slideshow To GO

Files

Voice Dialling

Password Keeper

Poynt

Google Maps

Documents To Go Files

Maps

PDF To Go

Nothing obvious in there to open or look in to find saved messages!

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Hm.  Okay, I don't save my messages, but let's try this.

Open any messages folder, press the BB menu button and select View Folders.  There should be a folder for saved messages available there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Developer
rjsdavis

Even better - have found it!

Your suggestion would probably have worked, but when I looked at the BB Menu button, just below the VIEW FOLDERS option was....

.... guess what?

.... VIEW SAVED MESSAGES!

clicked on that, and they appeared, and was able to delete - Superb, and thank for the pointer.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Ah, shoulda known that option was there, too.  :smileyhappy: