Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Belinda676
Accepted Solution

How long do I need to charge it first time?

Well I just got my new Blackberry Torch today and I've been reading through the manuals that came with it but I can't find anywhere that it says how long I need to charge it for the first time.  Does anyone know?

I wanna start using it and I can't yet - frustrating! :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How long do I need to charge it first time?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Charge it until the battery indicator doesn't have the lightning bolt through it anymore.  Once that's gone, the battery is fully charged.

Won't hurt to use it while it's charging.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
Belinda676

My phone has just come up with a Setup screen, I can't see the battery indicator at the moment - its currently been charging for 3 hours but when I ordered my phone from Orange via the phone on Thursday they said I had to wait until it is fully charged before I do anything with it so I'm scared to touch it incase I break it!

Should I complete the setup and then it will show me? Sorry about all my questions :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Carrier: AT&T

No worries.  That's why we're here.....

Yeah, go ahead with the setup, but I'm pretty sure your device is fully charged after three hours.

And you shouldn't worry about "breaking" anything if you use it before it's fully charged, either.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Belinda, you'll be fine to use it now, as Boomer said, three hours is enough.

And you really don't have to wait until it was fully charged to use it, no harm.

Here are some good charging tips, please read to hlep you along the way.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Belindac
My Carrier: Vodacom

some one told me 16 hours will it be alright at 10 ??? i gotta have it before school
Please use plain text.
Belindac
My Carrier: Vodacom

THANK YOU!! YOUR A LIFE SAVER!!!! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

You're welcome, good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Carrier: Rogers

Belindac wrote:
some one told me 16 hours will it be alright at 10 ??? i gotta have it before school

Just to add to the correct replies already posted, your phone will work with anything over 5% battery level.  Your phone ships with much more than that and assuming it hasn't been sitting on a shelf for weeks at the place from where you got it, technically your phone shouldn't need any charging at all to work properly.  Obviously, go ahead and charge it anyway but you shouldn't need to do that before using it for the first time.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NelsonTMH
My Carrier: Digi

Dear sir/madam,

That's mean for the first time for new phone, its not necessarily to charge for 8 hours?

Thank

Boomer56 wrote:

Charge it until the battery indicator doesn't have the lightning bolt through it anymore.  Once that's gone, the battery is fully charged.

Boomer56 wrote:

you.

Ah-Hau
Please use plain text.