Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Bquinnly
My Device: Torch 9800

How much play is too much in the slider mechanism?

I'm sure it's just being finicky of me but I've never owned a slider phone before and I have heard differing opinions about feeling play in the slider mechanism in my case when the phone is closed I can feel some left/right wiggle. Any input? Thanks
Trusted Contributor
donb2
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: How much play is too much in the slider mechanism?

i have zero left/right wiggle. 

top/bottom wiggle has been there since day one.  it's very miniscule though.

Developer
shellbellthemes
My Device: 9800 Torch

I have play in my slider too, very minor but it's there, I kind of figured that would happen eventually, so wasn't surprised, it's just the phone breaking in, as the first time I used it, it was a little tough to slide, now it's much easier!

If my posts have helped you please click the star for kudos ~ty
Interested in girly themes?
Follow the link below:
http://shellbellthemes.ucoz.com
New Contributor
pharouque
My Device: Not Specified

Glad to know there's somebody else facing the same problem as me. I'm from Malaysia by the way, big shoutout to all the BlackBerry user worldwide.
My Torch is about half a month old & the slider already wiggling left & right, is it normal? Can the warranty cover the fix? I'm quiet annoyed with it to tell you the truth, cause when I purchase this phone they told me this is the top of the marque BB. But with this quality, I'm sorry I don't think so.
Contributor
koboss

Mine does it to and its only days. I think its normal cause it is a slider.

I'm not to worried about it
New Contributor
pharouque

Really? So I shouldn't be worried about it either? Will it be worst in the future?
Contributor
Hivolt
My Device: Torch

Mine is only about a week old but has almost no play at all.  May want to get that looked at and get some documentation started on the issue in case it isnt resolved and gets worse.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Any slider type phone will have some wiggle or looseness over time, how much is too much can not be measured. Go look at a display unit in a store if possible, to see how it is holding up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V