Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850

How synch Yahoo Calendar to my Torch 9850?????

I followed the BB manual.  Cannot get this to happen.  I have email synched.  Contacts are not.  Really wantthe calendar to work.  HELP. Please....

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: How synch Yahoo Calendar to my Torch 9850?????

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

For non-BES, OTA Calendar Sync is limited to supported email providers...refer to these KBs:

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB24204 How to enable or disable calendar synchronization with an integrated Gmail email account
  • KB24209 What is calendar synchronization with Gmail?

For BES, talk to your BES admins.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for that "Welcome"...

You did not answer the basic question of can my BB Torch 9850 in fact synch with Yahoo Calendar??  I'm saying it does not!  Is that true?  If I want to see a calendar, are you saying it has to be GMAIL calendar?  Oh - you may have guessed that I'm not a highly tech savvy user.

Hall of Famer II

Not being an "insider", I have no way to know 100% which specific services are supported for any specific services...all I have to rely on is the same data available to everyone. Hence, I provide you with information so that you can hopefully find your answer for yourself. For example, at the bottom of the first KB I linked for you, there is the official method to determine the answer.

You also could have searched for more KBs that might provide you the specific answer you desire, and that may have resulted in this one:

• KB03652 Comparing BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server features

Reading that, your answer is again provided for you.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks again for the additional help.  I apologize for being such a novice (I actually don't know what a "KB" is...).  Anyway, my read of KB03652 concludes that the Torch synchs fine with Yahoo Mail - but, I gotta switch over to GMAIL Calendar to get a calendar synch.  Thanks again.

Hall of Famer II

That's how I interpret it as well (I just can't say for sure from any direct experience since I'm now using Outlook.com to sync calendar/contacts with my Z10, and no longer on a legacy BB via BIS).

BTW...KB = Knowledge Base, the publicly available articles that BlackBerry provides to everyone...searchable, and quite often containing the answers desired.

You are welcome...and good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates