Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch

How to block/remove BBM and Wifi from my Torch

Hi there, I' am newbi user of Torch.

Sorry if someone already asked this question, but I couldn't find it.

It's kinda stupid situation, in mother russia u have to remove BBM and Wifi from ur BB before asking ur provider to turn on BB Services and make e-mails work fine cause its illigal here for some national security reasons. U've got to come to their office and show em ur cell.

So I was wondering how can I remove/hide (whateevr Smiley Very Happy ) em from my menu? Thx for the help and pls ask if u need any additional information (I realy hope u dont need to =) )

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to block/remove BBM and Wifi from my Torch

Remove or delete BBM completely in your device Options > Applications list. Scroll to BBMessenger and press the Menu key > Delete.

Hide the BBM icon by scrolling to it, and press the Menu key > Hide. Doing this, it will still appear in the list above.

I don't know for certain how to remove WiFi off the device. It is likely possible by removing certain cod files, I'm just now sure which. Must WiFi be removed or just turned off?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

well, they shouldn't find it in the menu Smiley Very Happy So I think it shoud be removed :<

Thx for the tips!

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

WiFi is illegal? Is it a joke? Or your carrier scamming you to use more data!

If it was really illegal then no WiFi routers should be imported into the country lol!
New Contributor

It's Illegal only on Blackberry... I realy don't know the reason. U can freely use it on other phones like Nokia, SE, Iphone etc.