Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pvw1943
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone debitel de
Accepted Solution

How to break out of the ID loop

My old BB Bold died on me - and I mean died. No reboot and even the Desk top manager does not recognise it. I bought a Torch 9800 changed the SIM and all worked well until it came to the email set up. I could remember my user name but not the password. I duly clicked 'password forgotten' and back came the reply password sent to your B'berry. Presumably to my dead Bold. Since I cannot access my emails to set up the address on the new Torch, because I need the password, I'm stuck here. I went to the B'berry ID website, punched in the user name and they too kindly sent me a password to my B'berry address. I tried my service service provider to obtain the password. Once again sent to my mobileemail address. They do not provide web based access to my mobileemail address, so that possibility of password recovery is out. I tried going back and recreating a new user ID. No problem until I come to the email address, at which point I get thrown out because the address is already in use - well no surprise there, except I cannot use it.

Is there anyone who can suggest a way out of this? Short of giving up on B'berrys and buying another providers smart phone.

PVW

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to break out of the ID loop

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you. Using your dedicated BB email address for BBID is dangerous, as you have now learned. One should always use an email address that can be accessed elsewhere. However, you may yet be able to log into your BIS account (from a computer/browser) and create an auto-forward to an email account which you can otherwise get to...then re-generate the password reset email and retrieve it there. Detailed instructions for that are within the links inside of the thread linked above.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pvw1943
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone debitel de

Very many thanks for your promt response. I tried your various recommendations/suggestions but without luck. I can only conclude that your remark about the dangers of using only the BIS email for the BBID was/is the real showstopper. My provider was particularly unhelpful and made disparaging remarks about the problems caused by so called B'berry 'package' accounts. The megastore where I purchased my trusty BB Bold some years ago, no longer deals with B'berrys and were unable, rather than unwilling to assist. Europe is becoming a B'berry desert. So, after 10 happy years of Blackberrys and three days of wasted efforts I think its time face defeat and to move on to another system.

Many thanks again for your help. You cannot win them all; as the saying goes.

PVW

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

It is always so sad to hear such news. The "fix" for your situation can be very simple...an auto-forwarder on the BIS-dedicated email account, to an email account that you can otherwise access. It is very sad that your carrier was so unwilling to assist. If I were you, I would not only be considering a different device, but a different carrier as well. They should not be allowed to deal as they did without some form of punishment (with economic punishment being the most effective).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
lantikalang
My Device: Mini Blackberry
My Carrier: Student

ik heb problemen met me blackberry id, kunnen jullie me aub een makkelijke manier geven het op te lossen ?? ze zeggen dat ik me maximale aantal fout ingestoese paswoord heb overschreden. aub help ik heb het nodig.

ik zie spoedig een antwoord van jullie>

Please use plain text.