Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
BenoitRocheleau
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

How to change language on my 9810

Hi, I just update the latest version 7.1 on my 9810 and i can not change the language for french. French language is not longer available in the option why?

Regards

Ben

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to change language on my 9810

Hi BenoiRocheleau

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Are you having this French language before this Device Software update ? Look at this Knowledge Base Article for further help :

KB13067 : How to obtain language packs for BlackBerry smartphone.

KB05305 : Localization support for BlackBerry Smartphones.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BenoitRocheleau
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Bell

Yes, i had it before. I download the language pack on the link you gaved me and it dosn't work. What should i do?

Regards

ben

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi BenoitRocheleau

Is that Update from your Carrier Bell ? Or you used an OS pack from other Carrier to update your device software ?  when you connect your device and Open BlackBerry Desktop Software in language and input section are able to view french language ? 

If still unable to find the language you desired then please try it this way but before that remove any OS pack from your PC  :

1.Download and Install on your PC an OS pack having All Language from your Carrier or any other from here Carriers

• ( Make sure you are downloading for the same device model )

2.. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

3.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :

•     C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  •     C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Once completed Open BlackBerry Desktop Software ( 7.1 ) > Select Applications. > In the Language and Input Support section, select the language to be added to the BlackBerry smartphone (a + will appear next to the language to install) > Click Apply.

Please try it and let us know.

Prince

Please use plain text.