Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
clicksubhendu
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

How to reboot Blackberry Torch 9810 without remove the battery and reinsert it again ?

Hi,

Can anybody help on this,

I want to reboot the device without remove the battery and reinsert it again.

Is there any option?

Super Contributor
elessar
My Device: Z30 | Z10 | Playbook

Re: How to reboot Blackberry Torch 9810 without remove the battery and reinsert it again ?

Yes.  This is easiest with your Torch laying flat on a desk (etc.)

On the QWERTY keyboard, hold down the ALT key, then depress the right SHIFT and DELETE keys at the same time. Hold until the red indicator light appears, then release all keys.  This reboots your device, and works on all devices with a standard QWERTY keyboard.  There are also 3rd party apps that will accomplish the same, but I find this works for me.  Hope this helps. ~ecm

clicksubhendu

Re: How to reboot Blackberry Torch 9810 without remove the battery and reinsert it again ?

Hi elessar,

I tried the process you described, 4 / 5 times but it is not working with my device Torch 9810.

And also I installed the app "Auto Reboot Free" which gives me a message that "Uncaught exception: Source y offset must be greater than 0."

Contributor
ram_mohan
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Re: How to scan and print all images in blackberry

Hey,

I wanted to scan all the directories and files for all the images and print all possible paths.

Any idea how to do it.

Thnx.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

[ Edited ]

I will try to refine what was explained before...

Slide out the keyboard.

Put the phone on a flat surface.

Press and hold the Alt key; which is on the left side.

While holding down the Alt key, then press and hold the Right Shift and Del key at the same time for about 6 seconds or until you see the red light come on. 

What you are trying to accomplish is an "Alt-(RightShift-Del)".

If you instantaniously press all the keys at the exact same time it will not work. You must first press and hold the Alt key. Then while holding down the Alt key, you press the others.

I realize this sound confusing, and if the sequence is not done right the phone will not do the re-set.

Using the above method I have re-set Blackberry keyboard type phones many times.

This reminds me of back in the old DOS and CPM days, where Ctrl-Alt-Del was used to re-boot a computer.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Contributor
clicksubhendu

Hi "jerryg50"

I tried again this method "Alt-(RightShift-Del)", but its not working on this phone.

I found another solution, I downloaded a free app "RestartMe" from blackberry app store, and its working fine.

Thank you all.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes the above will work to reboot the phone but in some cases you still need to remove the battery to clear all cache on device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

I don't understand what you are asking!!! ???

If you have a 3G phone it cannot be made to work in 4G. The 4G is a different level of technology. (If that's your question).

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
New Contributor
patelsahir
My Device: 9810

ummm i mean that 9810 got a 4G right i got a 9810 aswell but thers no 4G!i hope u got what am saying

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50

Then the provider off service has to support 4G.

Jerry G.
Jerry G.