Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: How to reboot Blackberry Torch 9810 without remove the battery and reinsert it again ?

9810 is a 4g marketed device that is H+ when connectted to a supported carrier.

Not all carriers support this yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
egoyski12
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ETISALAT

Re: How to reboot Blackberry Torch 9810 without remove the battery and reinsert it again ?

maybe your not doing it right, im using 9810 and it works for me.:Punk:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JCW4b
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Works on my Torch 9810. Thanks for the tip.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cfabluenose
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Don't know if you sorted this out yet.  But the instructions are a bit misleading.  Don't push shift and delete all at same time while pushing down on the alt key.  Instead, while holding down Alt, push down shift and then while holding down these 2 keys, press down on the delete key.  Keep pressing on all 3 for a few seconds and then the red light appears and the phone reboots.

Please use plain text.
mrbdaniel
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

You probably have found the answer to this but I was looking too and found the answer.

1. Press and hold the ALT key, Right Shift key, and the Delete key. 
    NOTE:  It may take up to a minute for the device to reset.
  2. The device will power cycle indicating that the reset has started, the keys can now be released.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Every model of Blackberry phone I tried and had a physical keyboard, this method of re-booting worked. For the Storm, and other models with no keyboard, the battery had to be pulled. (Press and hold the ALT key, Right Shift key).

I had a few instances, but very rarely, I had to do a battery pull in the phone to do the re-boot. There are some very interesting shortcuts that can be done with the keyboard.

Blackberry Forums, Shortcut Keys:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/19-blackberry-tips-tricks.html

There are so many shortcuts, it is difficult to quickly remember most of this! I found many of these very useful.

In the place of the signal strength graph on the upper right, you can toggle between the graph display and the Db signal strength level indication.  Using the keypad, hold down the Alt key and type: MNLL    I found with the Torch and some other phones, when doing this the search prompt activates, but at the same time the signal strength indicator toggles anyways.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhunt08
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

This couldn't be clearer. Thank you. My new 9810 had choked on a web page and I couldn't figure out how to pull the battery; this is much better.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

there are some free restart progams in app world that can make it easier

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rhunt08
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Aliant

I'll have a look, but it was frozen -- that is, wouldn't accept any input from the touch screen or the keys. Hard to see what would work, much less be easier than Alt + <shift><del> . . . 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
paul2020
My Device: PlayBook with Torch 9810 - Love the Torch !!!
My Carrier: Rogers

Works great! Thanks
Please use plain text.