Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
budifranz
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: XL indonesia

How to recover password Blackberry ID but email registered is not real

Dear all, need your help on my case : I bought BB Torch 8910 around 8months ago, and at that time the seller asked me to create BB ID immediately. So she helped me to create it. I gave my email account to register as my BB ID but it was not working (can not register). She said it almost usually happen and suggest me to create the ID by using the fake email account. So we registered by using an email that is not real/not active email/really an email that is not created yet and i created my own password for it. Now I forget the password and even has tried for 8 times hence there will be only 2 times allowed to try otherwise all my data will be lost. I have successfully done the password recovery and the system sent the password to the email account but of course i can not get it since the email account is not real. How to solve this problem ? Pls kindly help me Thanks Budi Franz Medan, Indonesia
Please use plain text.
Tsumrain
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: How to recover password Blackberry ID but email registered is not real

i beleive your carrier could help, as you can identify your self to them then they will give you the password.

this is how it goes here in UAE

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: How to recover password Blackberry ID but email registered is not real

Hello budifranz

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

I'm not sure why the person at original point of sale told you to use a fake or invalid BlackBerry ID ! BlackBerry ID is indeed a master key to most BlackBerry application on a BlackBerry 7 devices .

I believe our Carrier can help with BlackBerry ID password reset but not with the username , but you should give a call to your Carrier XL to know if they can help you in this regard.

Or if you wish you can resolve it , for that first do a backup of your device using Desktop Software or refer to this Article :  How To Backup Your BlackBerry . Once you have your backup follow this Knowledge Base to create a new BlackBerry ID of your own using a valid email account.

• KB26694 : How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB24062 : How to create a BlackBerry ID

But please note , while doing so you will loose access to any paid apps that you bought from BlackBerry app world.So, try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.